HEALTH & WELLNESS
Happening on-reserve at Michipicoten First Nation:
- Please note there will be limited services for the following dates: January 17-19, 2023Teala Nadjiwon, Manager, and Lena Andre, CHR, will be away for training on those dates, but the Health Centre will remain open for Dilico visiting services.If you have any NIHB medical travel requests, please submit to Lena Andre no later than 12:00 pm on Monday January 16. Any requests after this date will be processed upon her return to office on Friday January 20 during regular hours.
- Diabetes Prize Bingo – Monday January 23, 2023 at 6:30pm at the Complex. Snacks and beverages provided. Other dates: February 20, 2023, March 13, 2023.
- Diabetes Prize Social – Monday February 13, 2023 at 6:30pm at the Complex. Snacks and beverages provided. Other dates: March 13, 2023.
- Meals on Moccasins – Every Wednesday
- Community Health Nurse Mary-Lou Kobzick will be at the Medical Centre on January 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23. Call or text for an appointment 705-852-0243.
- Boxing & Fitness Nights from 6:00pm-8:30pm at the Complex – click here for more information
- Maamwesying Immunization Appointments with Shirley Hale NP available on January 20 and 27 between 9:00am-noon by appointment – click here for more information
Happening at Family Well-Being Lodge at 3 Maple Street location:
- Teen Taco Tuesdays from 5:00pm-7:30pm – everyone aged 12-18 welcome! – click here for more information
- Friday Socials from 11:00am-1:00pm – everyone welcome! – click here for more information
- Friendly Fitness Snowshoe – click here for more information
Happening at Maamwesying Healing Lodge at 3 Maple Street location:
- Foot Care Clinic every Wednesday – Call Diedre Dupuis to make an appointment 705-856-8282 – Click here for more information
- Friendly Fitness with Dr. Oberai and Shirley Hale NP – Click here for more information
Happening at Michipicoten Memorial Community Centre at 3 Chris Simon Drive, Wawa location: